Tirannwn (pronounced "TIR-an-un") is a heavily forested region located west of Kandarin. It can only be accessed by starting Regicide. Other ways of entry include boarding a charter ship to Port Tyras (upon completion of Regicide), travelling through Arandar (also upon completion of Regicide) and elf teleport crystals obtained during Mourning's Ends Part I.
The elves lived for many hundreds of years and saw the God Wars. It is said that the elves retreated there, but it is not said when.
Apart from elves, rabbits, dire wolves, and grizzly bears inhabit Tirannwn. The many traps and dense forest make travelling through Tirannwn difficult and potentially dangerous (see Traps for more details). It is wise to bring anti-poison potions and food. Level 56 Agility is required to navigate Tirannwn fully, as players will come across dense forest that requires 56 Agility to pass.
Places of interest
- Arandar, the overground pass leading into Tirannwn.
- Prifddinas, the great elven city. No human has ever set foot in its walls. It was formed by elf crystals and is quite a sight to behold.
- Tyras Camp, the camp of King Tyras. You may buy halberds here. There are many Tyras guards patrolling but these are non-aggressive.
- Elf Camp, which contains a loom for spinning cloth. This is the location of Lord Iorwerth and several Elf warriors.
- Lletya, Rebel village located in the south east part of Tirannwn.
- Lord Iorwerth: Plays a role in Regicide, can be found in elf camp
- Ilfeen: Recharges your crystal equipment for a fee
- Eluned: Plays a part in the Roving Elves quest
- Islwyn: Grandson of Glarial, involved in roving elves quest. He can sell you a new crystal bow, but he cannot recharge seeds
- Arianwyn: Involved in Mourning's End Part I & Part II
Tirannwn is littered with traps that are not easily noticed, so be wary. There are three types of traps:
- Leaf trap: Can hit 15 damage. Approach and select jump at the side nearest to you.
- Spring Traps: Hit around 11 damage. Select at the base of the trap to pass. Failure to pass will give you a face full of spikes, hit damage and throw you back.
- Tripwire: Hard to spot and require you to select to hop over. Failure results in two arrows being fired dealing 5 damage and poisoning you. The success chance of passing this trap ranges linearly from 30/255 at level 1 Agility to 155/255 at level 99 Agility
- There are magic trees located near Islwyn.
- There are spots to mine adamant ore also near Islwyn. (Western Provinces Achievement)
- North of the Elf Tracker is a white berries spawn.