Treasure Trails is an activity which involves clue scrolls, rarely dropped items dropped by the majority of monsters in RuneScape. Clue scrolls contain clues and riddles for the player to solve to reach the casket and reap the rewards. The higher the level of the monster, the harder the clue scroll that it will drop. Treasure Trails are only available to members.
If you need help or are stuck at solving a clue scroll, go to the Treasure Trails Guide.
A player may check the amount of Treasure Trails they have completed by clicking on the Treasure Trail Statistics on the east wall of the Observatory Reception Room southwest of Ardougne, north of Castle Wars.
You should not venture out looking for treasure without these items!
- Clue scroll - Without the clue scroll in your inventory, you cannot progress to the next clue.
- Spade - Used for clues that require digging.
|Teleportation runes, enchanted jewellery, or other teleportation items||For traveling around Gielinor faster.|
|Dramen or Lunar staff||Access to Fairy rings after starting Fairy Tale II - Cure a Queen.|
|(Super) energy potions or stamina potions||These can be used to restore energy when running to remote locations.|
|Coins||Use these to pay for Charter ships, items needed for emote clues, etc.|
|Clue box||This item will save your clue scroll upon death if you get PK'd in the Wilderness, at the cost of consuming the item itself. You don't need to use this if doing a Hard Clue, as you will only need 3 items, including the clue scroll (which will then protect on death) to fight Zamorak wizards.|
There are five types of difficulty levels for a clue scroll, these are: easy, medium, hard, elite and master. More difficult trails provide more valuable rewards, for example easy clues can have black trimmed armour as a reward whereas hard clues would have a chance of giving rune trimmed armour instead.
Only one clue scroll of the same difficulty may be in player's possesion at a time (including banks and inventory), but it is possible to possess multiple scrolls of different difficulties each.
- Easy scrolls can be 2-4 clues long with few or no quest requirements.
- Medium scrolls can be 3-5 clues long with some quest requirements.
- Hard scrolls can be 4-6 clues long with high-levelled enemies to defeat, and high-levelled quest requirements.
- Elite scrolls can be 5-7 clues long with high-levelled enemies to defeat such as Armadylian or Bandosian guards, and high-leveled quest and skill requirements.
- Master scrolls can be 5-8 clues long, and are the highest tier of clue scrolls, having stronger enemies like the Brassican Mage and Ancient Wizards, along with various items and very high-leveled quest and skill requirements.
The items listed below are the rewards that are possible to receive from all levels of Treasure Trails. These items are not guaranteed rewards, only possibilities.
|Varying amounts of coins.|
|God pages for God books.|
|Charge dragonstone jewellery scrolls|
|Various runes and elemental staves.|
|All player-craftable amulets, up to and including diamond.|
|Willow, yew, and magic comp bows.|
|Master scroll book|
|Clue scroll (master)|
- The items listed below are rewards that can only be obtained from easy clue scrolls
- As well as unique treasure trails rewards, players may also receive a variety of items such as black armour, black weapons, oak planks, willow shortbows, coifs, leather armour, yew shortbows, salmon, trout, elemental talismans and steel pickaxes.
- The items listed below are rewards that can only be obtained from medium clue scrolls
- As well as unique treasure trails rewards shown below, players may also receive a variety of items such as adamant armour, adamant weapons, adamant pickaxes, adamantite nails, adamant crossbows, fire battlestaves, green d'hide bodies, green d'hide chaps, yew shortbows, teak planks, swordfish, and lobsters.
- The items listed below are rewards that can only be obtained from hard clue scrolls
- As well as unique treasure trails rewards, players may also receive a variety of items such as rune armour and weapons, black d'hide armour, magic shortbows and longbows, law and nature runes, and food items such as noted sharks and lobster.
- The items listed below are rewards that can only be obtained from elite clue scrolls
- As well as unique treasure trails rewards, players may also receive a variety of items such as rune armour and weapons, super restores, Saradomin brews, extended antifires, ranging potions, battlestaves, construction planks, dragonstone jewellery, onyx bolt tips, high level tree seeds, crystal keys (and its loop and tooth components), death, blood, law and soul runes, and food items such as noted tuna potatoes and summer pies.
|Dragon ornament kits|
|Infinity colour kits|
|Fury ornament kit|
|Gilded boots/Gilded scimitar|
(along with other gilded equipment)
|Big pirate hat|
|Metal dragon masks|
|Lava dragon mask|
|Black d'hide trimmed armour|
|Black d'hide gold-trimmed armour|
|3rd age cloak/Third-age weapons|
(along with all other 3rd age items)
|Great Kourend house scarves|
|Ring of nature|
|Dark tuxedo outfit|
|Light tuxedo outfit|
- The items listed below are rewards that can only be obtained from master clue scrolls
- As well as unique treasure trails rewards, players may also receive a variety of items such as weapons, and food items such as noted manta rays.
| ||Ornament kits|
|3rd age tools (along with all|
other 3rd age items)
|Great Kourend house hoods|
|Robes of darkness|
|Ring of coins|
|Left eye patch|
|Obsidian cape (r)|
|Half moon spectacles|
|Ale of the gods|
|Bucket helm (g)|