Vampyres (sometimes vyres) are a humanoid race. They have been dominant race of Morytania since the end of the God Wars, but are effectively trapped in the region due to the River Salve, a river in the Silvarea region blessed by Saradomin. As a result, there are only a handful of vyres known to live outside of Morytania, and those who do are pathetically weak by vampyre standards. Morytania is ruled by the Drakan family, who set up an elaborate tithe system all across Morytania so that towns or villages aren't dried up of blood so quickly. However, the majority of the blood comes of Meiyerditch, a ghetto in south-eastern Morytania divided into six sectors and patrolled constantly.
Vampyres appear to have at least four forms: human form, humanoid form (looks like a regular human, only with fangs, yellow eyes and a sickly colour), vapour form, and vampyre form.
Vampyres are found all across Morytania, but the majority live in the Sanguinesti region, east of Burgh de Rott, or a rumored vampyre city north of Meiyerditch called Darkmeyer. Vampires, a seemingly devolved form of vampyres, live in the Haunted Woods east of Canifis and near the Mort Ridge Mine south of the Mort Myre Swamp.
Some vyres can be found outside of Morytania, however at an extremely weakened state, making them almost entirely harmless.
- Count Draynor: The owner of Draynor Manor, Count Draynor rests in a coffin in the basement. He is the younger brother of Lord Drakan, the ruler of Morytania. Draynor was a vyre noble at one point but was left for dead after the Misthalin-Morytanian War of the Fourth Age, leaving him extremely weakened. Players fight him in the Vampire Slayer quest.
- Ruantun - Count Draynor's former servant. He is found in the sewers of Draynor Village and probably used to be a Vampyre Juvinate. He helps players make a silver pot in the Desert Treasure quest. Despite being trapped in Misthalin, Malak seems to know of his whereabouts, meaning he might still have connections to Morytania.
- Unnamed Paterdomus Vampyre - There is also a vampyre in the coffin upstairs in the temple near the River Salve. Players must temporarily seal its coffin with some holy water so that Drezel can escape from his prison cell in the Priest in Peril quest.
- Count Check - A friendly vampyre who is found outside the Lumbridge Castle's courtyard. He will advise players to have made a unique password and have two-step verification for their registered recovery email. In addition, he can check whether players have enabled the authenticator and bank PIN.
- Sinister Stranger - A sinister fisherman whom players must defeat in the Fishing Contest quest. He denies the fact that he's a vampyre, but if players put a clove of garlic up the pipe near his fishing spot, he cannot tolerate it and must switch spots.
Types of vampyresEdit
There are three main classes of vampyres in Morytania:
They are the weakest of the vampyres and are thought to be bipedal experiments performed on humans in the Meiyerditch laboratory. They must be damaged with silver weapons and can only be killed by being frozen by the rod of ivandis special attack and fed a Guthix balance potion.
Vampyre Juvinates are more mature vampyres that are stronger than juvenile vampyres. It's impossible to damage them with any non-silver weapons as well. They turn into fog and retreat unless the player freezes them with the rod of ivandis and uses a Guthix balance potion on them.
Juvinates are usually used as servants to nobility and often employed with menial work, such as ambushing travelers, collecting tithes from outlying villages, and guarding the Daeyalt mines, much to their annoyance.
Vyrewatch are fully grown vampyres. The Vyrewatch are shown to be a brigade of elite vampyres that are armed with spears made of an unknown metal, possibly Daeyalt, have the ability to fly, and are currently immune to all known weapons, poison, and magic and can perfectly disguise themselves as humans whenever they wish.
Along with juvinates, they are also employed with tithing and are in charge of most tithing. Sanguinesti Vyrewatch monitor their tithing schedule on a strict regiment by only tithing one of the six different sectors each week. They also have the ability to teleport players to the Daeyalt mines.
In addition to managing the tithe system, the Vyrewatch were also mentioned to be used as a brutal patrol force in Morytania during the In Aid of the Myreque quest. As Vanstrom thinks the Myreque perished at the end of In Search of the Myreque,Veliaf Hurtz wishes to move base Burgh de Rott before the Vyrewatch find out they're still alive.
- The Drakans - Lord Lowerniel Vergidiyad Drakan is the ancient and powerful ruler of Morytania, but nobody has seen him in years. The daily management of Meiyerditch is done by his brother and sister, Ranis and Vanescula.
- Vanstrom Klause - The main antagonist of the Myreque series. He seems to be in command of the Vyrewatch, blood tithing, and making sure Meiyerditch and the other Morytanian municipalities under Drakan's influence, such as Canifis and Mort'ton, reach their blood quotas.
- Malak - Players meet him in the Desert Treasure quest. He teaches players how to defeat Dessous, guardian of blood, so that he can own more land. He once got sick when he drank blood from the citizens of Mort'ton.
- Dessous - Players fight him in the Desert Treasure quest. He has powered himself up with the blood diamond, so he is much more powerful than most other vampyres. Despite his power, he can be harmed by any weaponry.