For a list of every task sorted by certain requirements, see Achievement Diary/All achievements.
|Release date||5 March 2015 (Update)|
|Area(s)||Varrock, Barbarian Village and Edgeville|
|Lamp XP rewards|| 2,500 |
Players can begin the Varrock Diaries by speaking to Toby, who is located just south east of the centre of Varrock. He also awards players the Varrock armour for completing easy, medium, hard and elite tasks.
To complete all of the tasks, players will need the stats shown to the right.
Players must complete the easy task set in order to claim rewards from medium, hard or elite task sets.
You will also need 50 Museum Kudos.
|1. Browse Thessalia's store.||None||None||None|
|2. Have Aubury teleport you to the essence mine.||Rune Mysteries||None||None|
|3. Mine some iron in the south east mining patch near Varrock.||None||15||Any pickaxe|
|4. Make a normal plank at the Sawmill.||None||None||100 coins and 1 log|
|5. Enter the second level of the Stronghold of Security.||None||None||None (food if low level)|
|6. Jump over the fence south of Varrock.||None||13||None|
|7. Chop down a dying tree in the Lumber Yard.||None||None||Any axe|
|8. Buy a newspaper.||None||None||50 coins|
|9. Give a dog a bone!||None||None||1 set of bones|
|10. Spin a bowl on the pottery wheel and fire it in the oven in Barbarian Village.||None||8||Soft clay|
|11. Speak to Haig Halen after obtaining at least 50 Kudos.||Various||Various||None|
|12. Craft some earth runes.||None||9||Earth talisman or tiara and 1 rune/pure essence, or use the Abyss.|
|13. Catch some trout in the River Lum at Barbarian Village.||None||20||Fly fishing rod and some feathers|
|14. Steal from the tea stall in Varrock.||None||5||None|
- ↑ 28 Kudos can be obtained through the Natural History Quiz; the rest can be obtained through various quests. Players can also complete The Dig Site and clean specimens.
- Varrock armour 1
- 1 Antique lamp worth 2,500 experience in any skill above 30
- 15 battlestaves from Zaff every day for 7,000 coins each
- Skull sceptre will now hold up to 7 charges.
- While worn
- 10% chance of mining 2 ores at once up to coal (also works for clay with or without Bracelet of clay)
- 10% chance of smelting 2 bars at once up to steel when using the Edgeville furnace
|1. Have the Apothecary in Varrock make you a Strength potion.||None||None||Limpwurt root, red spiders' eggs, and 5 coins.|
|2. Enter the Champions' Guild.||32 Quest points||None||None|
|3. Select a colour for your kitten.||Garden of Tranquility (partial), Gertrude's Cat||None||Ring of charos (a), 100 coins (Note: Players cannot select a kitten if they already have a kitten or cat that is not overgrown)|
|4. Use the Spirit tree in the north-eastern corner of Grand Exchange.||Tree Gnome Village||None||None|
|5. Perform the 4 emotes from the Stronghold of Security.||None||None||None (food recommended). Access to the Jagex Authenticator is also required for new accounts as the third and fourth levels of the Stronghold require that your account has the Jagex Authenticator attached to it before you are allowed to claim the Stamp and Idea emotes.|
|6. Enter the Tolna dungeon after completing A Soul's Bane.||A Soul's Bane||None||None|
|7. Teleport to the digsite using a Digsite pendant.||The Dig Site||None||Digsite pendant, (Enchant ruby magic tablet if the player does not have the required magic level). Making a Digsite Pendant will also require a Clean Necklace to be found while cleaning Dig Site Specimens in the Varrock Museum.|
|8. Cast the teleport to Varrock spell.||None||25||113|
|9. Get a Slayer task from Vannaka.||None||40||None|
|10. Make 20 mahogany planks in one go.||None||None||20 mahogany logs and 30,000 coins. It has to be done in one trip.|
|11. Pick a white tree fruit.||Garden of Tranquility||25||None|
|12. Use the balloon to travel from Varrock.||Enlightened Journey||40||10 willow logs to unlock the Varrock balloon, and 1 normal log to use the balloon to travel from Varrock.|
|13. Complete a lap of the Varrock Agility Course.||None||30||None|
- Varrock armour 2
- All easy diary rewards
- 1 Antique lamp worth 7,500 experience in any skill above 40
- 30 battlestaves from Zaff every day for 7,000 coins each
- Ability to switch the Varrock Teleport destination to the Grand Exchange by right clicking the spell icon in the Spellbook interface
- Skull sceptre will now hold up to 9 charges.
- While worn
- 10% chance of mining 2 ores at once up to mithril, except in Motherlode Mine (also works for clay with or without Bracelet of clay)
- 10% chance of smelting 2 bars at once up to mithril when using the Edgeville furnace
|Task||Quest(s) Needed||Skill(s) Needed||Items Needed|
|1. Trade furs with the Fancy Dress Seller for a Spottier cape and equip it.||None||66 (cannot be boosted).||2 Dashing kebbit fur, 800 coins.|
|2. Speak to Orlando Smith when you have achieved 153 Kudos.||Various. See here for full list.||None||None|
|3. Make a Waka canoe near Edgeville.||None||57||Any woodcutting axe|
|4. Teleport to Paddewwa.||Desert Treasure||54||Use the Paddewwa Teleport spell while on Ancient Magicks. (Tablets do not work) Requires: 211|
|5. Teleport to Barbarian Village with a Skull sceptre.||None||None||Skull sceptre|
|6. Chop some yew logs in Varrock and burn them at the top of the Varrock church.||None||60||Any woodcutting axe, tinderbox. Barbarian firemaking does not work. Players must chop the yew tree next to the Varrock church, behind Varrock Palace.|
|7. Have the Varrock estate agent decorate your house with Fancy Stone.||None||50 (cannot boost)||25,000 coins (30,000 if the player's house is already decorated with Fancy Stone)
Players must finish the dialogue with the estate agent or the task will not count!
|8. Collect at least 2 yew roots from the tree patch in Varrock Palace. (If boosting, make sure to boost when digging up the yew tree, not when planting!)||None||68 ||Yew sapling, (10 cactus spines recommended), any woodcutting axe, spade|
|9. Pray at the altar in Varrock Palace with Smite active. (1st floor[, use the staircase in the kitchen.) ]||None||52||None|
|10. Squeeze through the obstacle pipe in Edgeville Dungeon.||None||51||None|
- Varrock armour 3
- All medium diary rewards
- 1 Antique lamp worth 15,000 experience in any skill above 50
- 60 battlestaves from Zaff every day for 7,000 coins each
- Access to the Cooks' Guild bank.
- Skull sceptre will now hold up to 12 charges.
- While worn
- 10% chance of mining 2 ores at once up to adamant (also works for clay with or without Bracelet of clay)
- 10% chance of smelting 2 bars at once up to adamant when using the Edgeville furnace
|1. Create a Super combat potion in Varrock West Bank.||None||90||Super attack (4), Super strength (4), Super defence (4), Torstol|
|2. Use Lunar magic to make 20 mahogany planks in the Varrock Lumber Yard (Plank Make).||Dream Mentor||86||20 nature runes, 40 astral runes, 300 earth runes, 21000 coins, 20 mahogany logs|
|3. Bake a summer pie in the Cooking Guild.||None||95||Raw summer pie, chef's hat or cooking cape. Can be boosted.|
|4. Smith and fletch ten rune darts within Varrock.||The Tourist Trap||89||1 runite bar, 10 feathers, hammer|
|5. Craft 100 or more earth runes simultaneously.||Rune Mysteries||78||25 rune/pure essence|
- Varrock armour 4
- All hard diary rewards
- 1 Antique lamp worth 50,000 experience in any skill above 70
- 120 battlestaves from Zaff every day for 7,000 coins each
- While worn
- 10% chance of mining 2 ores at once up to amethyst (also works for clay with or without Bracelet of clay)
- 10% chance of smelting 2 bars at once up to runite when using the Edgeville furnace
- Acts as a prospector jacket
|Lumbridge & Draynor Diary||
|Western Provinces Diary||