|Release date||13 March 2014 (Update)|
|That'll get your arachnophobia going...|
Venenatis is a large poison spider that resides east of the Bone Yard, and is the only monster to drop the treasonous ring. She uses multi-target Magic and long-ranged melee attacks. She is able to drain Prayer as well as perform a lethal stun attack that can hit up to 50 damage, and may combine it with another attack if the player does not have Protect from Magic active, which is capable of instantly killing the player. Unlike the other Wilderness bosses, Venenatis' lethal attack has a chance of failing.
Venenatis is immune to Magic damage, although spells with effects such as Vulnerability will still affect her.
Armour and weaponsEdit
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Rune pickaxe 1 Common 18,882 Diamond bolts (e) 100 Uncommon 40,500 Rune 2h sword 1 Uncommon 37,945 Rune knife 60 Uncommon 28,380 Dragon pickaxe 1 Rare (1/171) 4,626,365 Dragon 2h sword 1 Rare (1/256) 133,225 Treasonous ring 1 Rare (1/512) 795,162
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Chaos rune 400 Common 40,800 Death rune 300 Common 70,800 Blood rune 200 Common 49,000 Uncut ruby 20 (noted) Common  35,980 Uncut diamond 10 (noted) Common  39,200 Supercompost 100 (noted) Uncommon 49,900 Unicorn horn 100 (noted) Uncommon 23,000 Red spiders' eggs 500 (noted) Uncommon (3/128) 35,500 Gold ore 300 (noted) Uncommon 105,900 Cannonball 250 Uncommon 57,500 Magic logs 100 (noted) Uncommon 107,000 Limpwurt root 50 (noted) Uncommon 11,200 Uncut dragonstone 1 Rare 13,708 Yew seed 1 Rare (1/128) 68,762 Magic seed 1 Rare (1/128) 183,425 Palm tree seed 1 Rare (1/128) 66,085 Grimy snapdragon 100 (noted) Rare (1/128) 809,600 Dark fishing bait 375 Rare (1/128) 1,125
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Dark crab 8 Common 10,624 Super restore(4) 3 Common 29,313 Antidote++(4) 10 (noted) Uncommon 3,990
Item Quantity Rarity GE market price Coins 15,000–20,000 Common Not sold Onyx bolt tips 60 Uncommon (5/128) 500,940 Mysterious emblem 1 Uncommon (1/27.5) 126,832 Looting bag 1 Uncommon (1/30) Not sold Slayer's enchantment 1 Uncommon (1/30) 1,555 Clue scroll (elite) 1 Rare (1/100) Not sold Long bone 1 Rare (1/400) Not sold Venenatis spiderling 1 Very rare (1/2,000) Not sold Curved bone 1 Very rare (1/5,000) Not sold
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 20 uncut rubies are dropped along 10 uncut diamonds
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia, unless the kill was done on the official Bounty Hunter world. Killing Venenatis on the Bounty Hunter also increases the drop rate from 1/27.5 to 1/5.
- ↑ Only dropped while on a slayer assignment given by Krystilia.
- ↑ 1/50 if a Ring of wealth (i) is worn.
- She was a player-suggested boss, which was adopted into the game after a substantial amount of positive forum feedback.
- The term Venenatis comes from the Latin "Venēnātis", which means "Venomous" or "Poisoned".
- If Venenatis is attacked while she is in a single-way area, she will only take 1-8 damage from the player's attacks regardless of their weapon. This is because her habitat is surrounded by a single-way area, and all of the Wilderness bosses (excluding demi-bosses) reside in multi-way areas. Players can still deal full damage to her while standing in the single-way area if she remains in a multi-way area.
- On release, the tree stump found south-east of the trees in 24 Wilderness was one square south than what it is now. This was changed in an update in order to prevent players safespotting Venenatis behind the trees. However, it can still be done, albeit with a lot more effort.
- If Venenatis is lured south near single-way combat and attacks a player with her multi-target Magic attack, any nearby players in the single-way combat zone already in combat with another entity will also be hit. This may be an oversight by Jagex.
Wilderness bosses and rewards