|Also called?||West Ardy|
|Release date||27 August 2002 (Update)|
|No. of banks||None|
|No. of altars||One|
|Main music||Sad Meadow|
|Teleportation||West Ardougne Teleport|
|Inhabitants/Race||Humans and Mourners|
West Ardougne is a members-only city and part capital of Kandarin. It is only available to people who are up to a point in the Plague City quest where you can enter. It has been badly stricken by a mysterious plague which has been claimed to have been brought into the city on its kings last visit. This plague is deadly and will kill you if you are not wearing appropriate clothing when inside. Its neighbouring city, East Ardougne, is an opposite, being one of the wealthiest cities in Gielinor. West Ardougne is most known for its plague of course and the entrance to the Underground Pass. West Ardougne is governed by King Tyras, although he left the city just before the plague struck to adventure the forests of Tirannwn.
There are very few ways to enter West Ardougne. They are
- To go through the pipeline way after completing parts of the Plague City Quest.
- If you have started Biohazard, you will have to continue it up to the point where you gain entry to west Ardougne via Omart (this part of the quest takes only a few minutes).
- If Biohazard has been completed you can pass through the main door from East Ardougne.
- To come from the west in the Underground Pass from Tirannwn.
- By using the West Ardougne Teleport spell from the Arceuus spellbook.
Points of interestEdit
There are some interesting places in West Ardougne to explore.
The Saradominist West Ardougne Church. You can recharge your prayer points here.
A housing area that acts kind of like a maze. It contains a lot of Men, Women, Rats, NPC children and NPC civilians. These civilians will buy a cat or overgrown cat from you for 100 death runes. It is located near the graveyard
- An anvil in the north of the city
- A range in a north-eastern building.- This can only be accessed after the Biohazard quest
- A sink in the same building and with the same requirements as the range.
There are no quests you can start in West Ardougne but the city is involved with the following quests:
- Sad Meadow - Main town square
- Moody - Residential area and general store