|Location on World Map|
The Wilderness Volcano, (marked as "Volcano" on the map) is a small volcanic outcrop in the northeastern section of the Wilderness. Nothing is known about it, as it is not involved in any quests, and currently no NPCs mention anything about it. While walking around it, the ground will shake periodically - probably because of heavy volcanic activity. There is a rope bridge that spans the central pool of lava that can be crossed. The amount of skeletons that litter the ground around the volcano suggests that it was in some way involved in the God Wars. Like near the Chaos Temple, balls of fire shoot out of the pools of lava. If one hits a player, it can inflict minor damage.The volcano can be used to flee from the powerful Chaos Elemental that resides nearby to the west of the Rogues' Castle. Apart from this, the volcano has virtually no use except for forging Odium and Malediction wards, and being a sinister piece of scenery well suited to the hostile landscape of the Wilderness. The northwestern side of the volcano has a broken ship; however, it has no use other than for scenery. Next to the ship is an extension of the land on which eight squares are level 56 wilderness - the deepest anyone can go.
Volcanic ForgeEditThe centre of the volcano houses a powerful forge, where players must travel to in order to combine the three shards of either the Malediction ward or Odium ward. When using one of the three shards on the Volcanic Forge, a message appears in the game tab stating You forge the shield pieces together in the chambers of fire and are blown back by the intense heat.
- Using a gold ring on the Volcanic Forge results in a goblin appearing, yelling "My Precious!!! NOOOOO!!!", referencing the character Gollum from The Lord of the Rings.
- The ship has a strange characteristic: It is made of metal, yet all ships in Gielinor are made of wood.
- The bridge at the top of the volcano is strange, since the constant lava splashes would have burnt and destroyed it since it is made of wood.
- There appears to be a strange cannon on the ship.
- The very large number of skeletons on the volcano, particularly around the ship, seem to indicate that the ship's crew was either thrown from the ship during the crash and subsequently died from their injuries, or else that the crew attempted to flee and was then killed by lava.