|Release date||27 February 2002 (Update)|
|High Alch||0 coins|
|Low Alch||0 coins|
|Store price||Not sold|
|Exchange price||1,897 coins (info)|
|An evil wine for an evil god.|
Wine of zamorak is a Herblore secondary ingredient for the creation of ranging potions. It can be found in the Asgarnia's Chaos Temple, just west of the Goblin Village which takes approximately 24 seconds to re-spawn and can also be found in the Chaos Temple southwest of the Chaos Fanatic.
Wine of Zamorak cannot be consumed, but is used as a secondary ingredient in creating ranging potions.
There are two ways to take the Wine of Zamorak:
- Using your hands while all of the monks are dead (the Flames of Zamorak spell will always burn you, dishing out at least 3 to 5 damage, regardless if the monks see you attempt the theft). Combat stats of Attack, Strength, Defence, Ranged and Magic will also see a drop of a point or two each.
- In the Wilderness temple, Telekinetic Grab must be used.
- Using Telekinetic Grab will not result in any penalty. 1 air rune and 1 law rune are needed to cast this spell, in addition to 33 Magic.
Telekinetic Grab is the fastest method for obtaining the Wine of zamorak, as the monks will not attempt to attack the player, nor will your stats be drained when the wine is telekinetically grabbed. As the wine costs more than the runes needed for the spell, it is often seen as a popular way of making money.
With the 2 March 2017 update, the Wine of zamorak can now be obtained in Wilderness Chaos Temple, with players completing the hard Wilderness Diary receiving them in noted form. The player should be aware that the temple is in a multi-combat area and is a frequented spot by many players due to the altar in the temple. Telekinetic Grab is required to take the wine.
Players that wish to gather the wine for herblore or money making reasons can easily access a bank using the following methods:
- Teleport or walking to Falador and then running back to the Temple.
- Take the agility shortcut behind the temple to Burthorpe (Requires completion of easy tasks in the Falador Diary), and make a short run to the bank in the Rogues' Den and back. (Recommended)
- Teleport to Camelot (since it requires 5 air runes, which should be provided from your air staff, and one law rune, which you should have in your inventory) and go to the Seers' Village bank. Use a goblin village sphere from Oldak (the quest Another Slice of H.A.M. is required) to Goblin Village and run back to the temple. Alternatively, a Ring of dueling or Amulet of glory could be used in place of the Camelot Teleport.
Note: Since the wine takes about 20 seconds to spawn, other tasks such as using High Alchemy on a noted item or finishing unfinished bolts can be done at the same time, possibly making this method very rich in money as well as exp.
Monster Combat level Quantity Rarity Chaos Fanatic 202 10 (noted) Cerberus 318 15 (noted) Kalphite Queen 333 60 (noted) Greater Nechryael 200 3 (noted) Balfrug Kreeyath 151 3 (noted) Zakl'n Gritch 142 5–10 (noted) Tstanon Karlak 145 4 (noted)